Selecting the right motorcycle insurance is like choosing your bike. You want it to fit your needs and lifestyle, and at the same time be within your budget. Atlass Insurance Group offers programs specifically for the type of bike you own at a reasonable price.
1) Street Motorcycle Insurance Program
Cruisers, Sport Cycles, High Performance Cycles, Touring Bikes, Trikes, Dual Sports and Standard Bikes. The general guidelines are as follows:
- Motorcycles less than 20 years old are eligible for physical damage coverage.
- Liability only coverage is available for any age motorcycle.
- Motorcycles in this program should have no more than $7,500 in optional equipment.
Optional Equipment motorcycle insurance coverage may be purchased for a motorcycle’s optional/custom equipment. Other than collision coverage needs to be purchased before purchasing optional equipment coverage.
2) Classic Motorcycle Insurance Program
Classic Motorcycles are defined as motorcycles that:
- Are over 19 years of age, and
- Have been restored to or maintained in original condition, and
- Include a minimal amount of optional equipment (not to exceed $500)
Classic motorcycles are usually not driven regularly. Collision coverage and other that collision (comprehensive) coverage must be purchased in the Classic Program. Collision and other than collision rates are based on the total value of the motorcycle (including all optional equipment). Covered losses will be paid based on the actual cash value of the motorcycle (including all optional equipment) at the time of loss, not to exceed the amount stated in the declarations.
Coverage may be bound for motorcycles valued at the current market value or appraised value subject to underwriter’s approval…
3) Custom Motorcycle Insurance Program
Custom Motorcycles are defined as motorcycles that:
- Have more than $7,500 in optional equipment, or
- Have been modified to the extend they are unique or one-of-a-kind, or
- Require special titling or considered limited production motorcycles manufactured by designated companies. Contact your agent to get a list of some of those “special” custom build manufactures and the acceptability of each before you buy.
Collision and Other Than Collision rates are based on the total value of the motorcycle (including all optional equipment) at the time of loss not to exceed the amount stated in the declarations.